At Polar Bear Air Conditioning, we’re always investing in training and development as one of our core values is continuous improvement. We love learning about innovations in home comfort so we can, in turn, do our jobs more effectively and improve our customers’ quality of life.
Toward that end, we recently sent two of our top technicians from our shop in George Town, Grand Cayman, to Miami, FL, for Mitsubishi VRF training.
Before we go into greater detail about this amazing opportunity, here’s a brief overview of what VRF technology is all about.
- VRF stands for Variable Refrigerant Flow.
- These systems can both cool and heat a building at the same time, using electric power and minimal ductwork.
- VRF technology utilizes one outdoor condenser unit and multiple indoor evaporator units, connected with piping.
- VRF technology works by dispersing refrigerant, on demand, over multiple evaporator coils, and sending treated air to various zones indoors. The flow of refrigerant varies, as the name indicates.
- A VRF system provides zoned comfort control, meaning you can control the temperature in individual zones throughout a building.
- VRF systems are energy-efficient, cost-effective, and growing in popularity.
Getting updated on the ins and outs of Mitsubishi VRF technology was an amazing opportunity for our technicians. Instead of spending their time in Miami soaking up rays from the sun, they absorbed all the information provided by their instructors.
Here’s a firsthand account of the training session from Rohan Dudhnath, one of the techs who participated:
“My experience was amazing! It was one of the best training courses I have been to. The training gave us a complete understanding of how the system works, its design, versatility, and the potential benefits it can provide. We were provided with literature and software to go along with our hands-on experience. The instructors were knowledgeable and great to work with. With this new technology, the sky is the limit. The software will allow us to do precision designs for new projects, and so much more!”
That enthusiasm mirrors just how we feel about training and education here at Polar Bear Air Conditioning. While our entire team has a strong foundation of knowledge, skill, and experience, we believe in constantly building on that foundation and never settling for okay. We’re always trying to do better! We regularly provide employees with in-house training, as well as external training opportunities, and we’re always willing to share our knowledge with the local community.
Check out this quick slideshow video to get a better idea of why technician training is so important to us.
To find out more about what our well-trained team can do for you, don’t hesitate to give Polar Bear Air Conditioning a call or fill out a contact form on our website.